Friday, November 28, 2008

Introducing Silent Lotus Designs! Wednesday's CityCraft Handmade Holiday Happy Hour Featured Artist!

Welcome to the special Thanksgiving holiday weekend edition of the Etsy Pittsburgh CityCraft blog artist features! Due to illness in the family (first my youngest son who kindly shared with the rest of the family) and the Thanksgiving holiday, blog entries are a bit behind so I'm issuing multiple artist features to get caught up.

I'm pleased to introduce you to the first of these featured CityCraft artists - Silent Lotus Designs!

Kylie Dickman, of Silent Lotus Designs says she makes "Unique handcrafted jewelry of sterling silver or pure brass with gems and minerals, inspired by the designs of nature and the beauty of simplicity. "
From her Etsy profile, "A deep fondness and appreciation for gems and minerals makes creating with them a very spiritual process for me. I love to blend them with sterling silver and pure brass because it enhances both the beauty and the properties of the stones. Painting is another mode of spiritual exploration for me. I have taken traditional Chinese forms of brushwork and technique and blended them with western ideas and methods. The result is my own inspired "style" of brush painting in which I try to capture the rhythm and beauty of the brushwork, while conveying the true qualities of the subject and instilling a sense of flow and energy. I love to share my creations with others and find them a good home. :)
She is also an invaluable member of the Etsy Pittsburgh Team and is frequently seen vending at local events and is always one of the first members to volunteer to help the team wherever needed.
Come to Navarra on December 18th from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm to shop local, shop handmade, and see Silent Lotus Designs along with numerous other talented artisans.

No comments: