Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Introducing Red Raven Studios! The First CityCraft Handmade Holiday Happy Hour Market Featured Artist for Today.

I am pleased to introduce the first of today's CityCraft featured artists - Red Raven Studios!

Amy Lumsden, of Red Raven Studios, makes jewelry from clay which she then collages with decals to create truly unique, wearable works of art.
From her Etsy profile, "I have been working in clay for roughly ten years. I had been making traditional, functional pottery since college and discovered that I enjoyed making jewelry from clay and collaging it with decals about two years ago.
I am influenced by all things vintage and old. I look for unique patterns and colors in old textiles and everyday things. You will find many decaled items in my shop. Ceramic decals were originally made for functional dinnerware and decorative items. I love searching for really great vintage or antique looking decals to incorporate into my jewelry and ceramics."

Come to Navarra on December 18th from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm to shop local, shop handmade, and see Red Raven Studios, along with numerous other talented artisans.

No comments: